Gaucho Women's Volleyball Trio Honored
LINDSEY RUDDINS, UC SANTA BARBARA – PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • OH • Laguna Niguel, Calif. • Aliso Niguel HS
• Lindsey Ruddins averaged 5.00 kills per set as the UC Santa Barbara junior collected her fifth career Player of the Week award.
• The outside hitter accumulated 60 kills to help the Gauchos to a 1-2 record at the Denver Classic.
• Ruddins tied a season high with 27 kills on a season-best .300 hitting in a five-set loss to host Denver. She added 12 digs for her third double-double of the season.
• Ruddins amassed her fourth double-double of the campaign with 15 kills and 14 digs in a loss to Sacramento State. She concluded the tourney with 18 cutaways and nine digs in a four-set triumph over McNeese State.
• She also averaged 0.75 blocks per set with nine total, including three block solos.
Others nominated: Torrey Van Winden (Cal Poly); Madeline Schneider (Cal State Fullerton); Aeryn Owens (CSUN); Yizhi Xue (Long Beach State); Loryn Carter (UC Irvine); Kaiulani Ahuna (UC Riverside); McKenna Granato (Hawai‘i)
OLIVIA LOVENBERG, UC SANTA BARBARA – FRESHMAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK
S • San Diego, Calif. • Canyon Crest Academy
• Olivia Lovenberg earned her second consecutive Freshman Player of the Week award as she directed the UC Santa Barbara offense with a 12.42 assists per set average.
• The setter averaged no worse than 11.00 assists per set in a 1-2 week for the Gauchos. She had a career-best 55 assists against Denver, 40 versus Sacramento State and 54 against McNeese State.
• Lovenberg added two double-doubles to her stat line, giving her four in six matches overall. She had 10 digs against Denver and tied her season high with 11 against McNeese State.
• She also hit .444 with four kills in nine swings, and added four blocks and three service aces.
Others nominated: Avalon DeNecochea (Cal Poly); Lexi McLeod (CSUN); Carly Hill (Long Beach State); Abby Marjama (UC Irvine); Marissa Holt (UC Riverside)
EMILIA PETRACHI, UC SANTA BARBARA – DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • L • Modena, Italy • Liceo Classico San Carlo
• Emilia Petrachi collected her sixth career Defensive Player of the Week award with three straight matches of 20 or more digs.
• The UC Santa Barbara libero scooped up 20 balls against Denver, added 20 more against Sacramento State and finished with a career-high tying 30 digs in a four-set win over McNeese State.
• Petrachi has four matches with 20 or more digs this season.
• She also registered six assists and one ace for the weekend.
Others nominated: Katherine Brouker (Cal Poly); Felicia Marshall (Cal State Fullerton); Kristey Markle (CSUN); Hailey Harward (Long Beach State); Malia Bolko (UC Davis); Haley DeSales (UC Irvine); Chelsea Doyle (UC Riverside); Reyn Akiu (Hawai‘i)