DANIEL TREJO, CSUN – OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK Sophomore • F • Mendota, Calif. • Mendota HS
Daniel Trejo produced the first hat trick by a CSUN player in nearly three years to help his squad to a 2-0 week.
• The 5-foot-9 forward notched three goals in a 6-1 win over Utah Valley. He became the first Matador since Carlos Gonzalez on Sept. 18, 2015 against Saint Mary’s to earn a hat trick.
• Trejo’s hat trick is the 45th all-time in Big West history.
• His first goal against the Wolverines proved to be the game-winner as he scored at the 51:53 mark via passes from Ehi Isibor and Wolfgang Prentice.
• Trejo collected all three of his goals in less than a 12-minute span as CSUN equalled its highest scoring output since Aug. 31, 2007, in a 6-1 victory over Detroit.
Others nominated: Bass Sarr (Cal State Fullerton); Benji Kikanovic (Sacramento State); Adam Mickelson (UC Davis); Alvaro Quezada (UC Irvine)
HENRIK REGITNIG, CSUN – DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK Senior • GK • Invermere, B.C. • UMKC
Henrik Regitnig earned his fourth career Big West Defensive Player of the Week award after allowing just one goal in a pair of CSUN wins over New Mexico and Utah Valley.
• The senior netminder made a combined 12 saves in the two wins as he finished with a 0.50 goals against average for the week. Regitnig has allowed just one goal in 270 minutes of time between the pipes this season.
• Regitnig’s career-high eight saves was key in CSUN’s 1-0 victory over No. 17 New Mexico. He produced his sixth career clean sheet in the triumph.
Others nominated: Simon Boehme (Cal Poly); Jack Larter (Sacramento State); Roy Boateng (UC Davis); Daniel Crisostomo (UC Irvine)