Battle Heats Up With Two Weeks Remaining
Files associated with this release:
12 VB Release-Week 13
Big West At A Glance
• With two weeks remaining in Big West play, Hawai’i (14-0) has already captured its sixth Big West title. The Rainbow Wahine collected five titles during their first stint in the Big West Conference (1985-95), including their final season. The Rainbow Wahine also own an overall mark of 22-2 with their only losses coming against Top 25 opponents.
• Cal State Northridge is just two wins shy of posting its first 20-win season since joining the Big West in 2001. Currently owning an 18-8 overall mark, the Matadors have four more contests to pick up two wins.
• Last week against Cal State Fullerton, LBSU’s Tara Roenicke tallied her first triple-double with a career-best 11 kills, 43 assists and 14 digs.
• With 25 kills last Thursday against LBSU, Kayla Neto brought her career total to 1,542 kills at Cal State Fullerton, setting the all-time record for the Titans by surpassing Susan Herman (1986‐89) and Brittany Moore (2005‐08), who previously held the record of 1,534.
• Going the distance is the theme for the Pacific women’s volleyball team this season, seeing how the Tigers have played 13 five-set matches and posted victories in nine of those contests.
• UC Irvine’s Kristin Winkler ranks second in Big West history with 2,165 digs (UCI Record) and needs 29 more scoops to claim the top spot. Winkler is only the third Big West athlete to eclipse the 2,000-dig threshold.
• UC Santa Barbara freshman Taylor Formico owns the top spot in the Big West record book for season digs at 683 and she still has four contests remaining to add to the impressive total. She surpassed former Gaucho Chelsey Lowe, who notched 652 scoops in 2011. UCSB now owns the top four spots in the Big West annals.
• For the seventh year, institutions will air all home and conference matches on BigWest.TV, and beginning with the 2012 season, all BigWest.TV events will air free of charge. Head to thisweek for weekly event schedules.
BigWest.TV brings together live and on-demand video from each of the Big West’s ten member institutions. Now in it’s eighth year, BigWest.TV covers Big West sports, press conferences, interviews and features, including every home and conference contest in women’s volleyball as well as men’s and women’s basketball. Also covered are select contests in men’s and women’s soccer, baseball, softball and Big West Conference Championships.