Hawai'i-Long Beach State Airs Live On FOX Prime Ticket
Files associated with this release:
12 VB Release-Week 10
• Friday’s match between league-leading University of Hawai’i and defending Big West Champion Long Beach State at The Walter Pyramid airs on FOX Prime Ticket at 7:00 p.m. This week’s event kicks off Prime Ticket’s 2012-13 Big West television schedule which includes soccer, basketball, baseball and track & field.
• Nationally-ranked Hawai’i rallied in last week’s contest versus Pacific to keep its perfect conference mark in tact. The Tigers took an early two-set lead before the Rainbow Wahine battled back to win three straight sets to improve to 10-0 in Big West play.
• Cal Poly improved to 2-7 in league play after picking up a pair of five-set wins last week over UC Riverside and Cal State Fullerton. The win over UC Riverside snapped a 15-match winless streak, longest in Cal Poly volleyball history
• In Cal State Fullerton’s win over UC Santa Barbara on Oct. 19, Kalya Neto notched a career-best 35 kills, ranking her fourth in the Titans’ single-match history.
• Pacific leads the league for the most 3-0 victories with nine, which includes five sweeps in its first seven wins of the year.
• Keep An Eye On: UC Irvine’s Kristin Winkler ranks third in Big West history with 2,021 digs (UCI Record) and needs 173 more scoops to claim the top spot. Winkler is only the third Big West athlete to eclipse the 2,000-dig threshold. UC Santa Barbara freshman Taylor Formico owns 561 digs, a UCSB freshman record, ranks seventh nationally with a 5.84 dig per set average and is threatening the Gauchos’ and Big West’s all-time single season records. As a team, UCSB sits sixth in the country with a 18.24 average.
• For the seventh year, institutions will air all home and conference matches on BigWest.TV, and beginning with the 2012 season, all BigWest.TV events will air free of charge. Head to thisweek for weekly event schedules.
BigWest.TV brings together live and on-demand video from each of the Big West’s ten member institutions. Now in it’s eighth year, BigWest.TV covers Big West sports, press conferences, interviews and features, including every home and conference contest in women’s volleyball as well as men’s and women’s basketball. Also covered are select contests in men’s and women’s soccer, baseball, softball and Big West Conference Championships.