Final Tune-Up Before Conference Play Gets Underway
Files associated with this release:
12 VB Release-Week 4
Links associated with this release:
This Week in the Big West - September 10-16, 2012
Big West At A Glance
• UC Irvine’s Kristin Winkler, who sits fourth, is inching her way toward the top spot in career digs in the Big West record book. Just last week she captured the Anteaters’ number one position with 1,776 digs, besting Devon Sutherland’s four-year (2005-08) total of 1,756. Cal State Fullerton’s Cami Croteau, who totaled 2,194 digs from 2007-10, currently owns the top spot.
• Cal State Fullerton is the lone Big West school to host a tournament as Brown, San Diego State, Santa Clara and Oregon State make their way to Titan Gym for the Fullerton Classic. The two-day event takes place Friday, Sept. 14 and Saturday, Sept. 15.
• The Rainbow Wahine of Hawai’i moved up one spot to eighth place in the latest AVCA poll.
• Led by Cleana Stinson and Casey Hinger, who sit one-two in the Big West standings in blocks, Cal State Northridge paces the conference with an impressive 2.60 blocks average. Stinson averages 1.26 blocks per set while Hinger registers a 1.19 average.
• This week marks the final tune-up before the start of conference play. Big West action gets underway Wednesday, Sept. 19 with the Hawai’i-Cal State Northridge showdown at The Matadome.
• For the seventh year, institutions will air all home and conference matches on BigWest.TV, and beginning with the 2012 season, all BigWest.TV events will air free of charge. Head to BigWest.org/ThisWeek for weekly event schedules.
BigWest.TV brings together live and on-demand video from each of the Big West’s ten member institutions. Now in it’s eighth year, BigWest.TV covers Big West sports, press conferences, interviews and features, including every home and conference contest in women’s volleyball as well as men’s and women’s basketball. Also covered are select contests in men’s and women’s soccer, baseball, softball and Big West Conference Championships.