Teams Hit Road For Third Week Of Tournament Action
Files associated with this release:
12 VB Release - Week 3
Links associated with this release:
This Week in the Big West - September 3-9, 2012
Big West In A Glance
• Pacific is the lone Big West team to still have a perfect record intact at 6-0. The Tigers are off to their best start since the 1999 season when they opened the year with an 11-match win streak.
• Last week, UC Irvine’s Kristin Winkler became just the second Anteater to reach the 1,700-dig mark and currently owns 1,723 career scoops, 34 shy of the UCI all-time record. Her impressive mark also ranks her fifth in the Big West annals. One hundred and eighty four more digs bumpers her into the league’s top three.
• Hawai’i closes out its nine-match season-opening homestand this weekend when the Rainbow Wahine entertain San Diego State, Idaho and No. 3 UCLA at the Verizon Volleyball Challenge.
• While the University of Hawai’i hosts its third consecutive tournament, the nine other Big West members hit the road for their weekend matchups. So far this season, the conference volleyball teams are a combined 17-17 in road/neutral contests.
• For the seventh year, institutions will air all home and conference matches on BigWest.TV, and beginning with the 2012 season, all BigWest.TV events will air free of charge. Head to thisweek for weekly event schedules.
BigWest.TV brings together live and on-demand video from each of the Big West’s ten member institutions. Now in it’s eighth year, BigWest.TV covers Big West sports, press conferences, interviews and features, including every home and conference contest in women’s volleyball as well as men’s and women’s basketball. Also covered are select contests in men’s and women’s soccer, baseball, softball and Big West Conference Championships.