Gomez, Booker Share Men's Basketball Weekly Honor
CO-MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
TERRELL GOMEZ, CSUN
Sophomore • Guard • Los Angeles, Calif.
DEISHUAN BOOKER, LONG BEACH STATE
Senior • Guard • Las Vegas, Nev.
Equally dominant in helping their squads to 2-0 records, CSUN sophomore Terrell Gomez and Long Beach State senior Deishuan Booker have been tabbed Big West Men’s Basketball Co-Players of the Week.
• Gomez averaged 28.0 points per game as the Matadors defeated UC Riverside (70-68) and Hawai‘i (84-73).
• The 5-foot-8 guard made nine three-pointers over the two games and increased his total to a Matador single-season record 106.
• Gomez scored 24 points against the Highlanders, none more important than the game-winning jumper he hit with 1.6 seconds left to give CSUN the two-point win. He poured in 32 points to spoil Senior Night for UH, notching 18 in the second half and securing his third 30-point game of the year.
• Booker averaged 28.5 points per game in wins at UC Santa Barbara (69-64) and versus Cal Poly (94-85).
• He went 19-for-19 at the free throw line over the two contests and has now made 43 consecutive.
• Booker had a double-double against the Mustangs with 31 points and 10 rebounds to go along with five assists and a steal. The 6-foot-3 guard contributed 26 points on 9-of-14 shooting against the Gauchos.
• Booker shot a combined 54.5% (18-of-33) from the field.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Kyle Allman, Jr. (Cal State Fullerton); TJ Shorts II (UC Davis); Jonathan Galloway (UC Irvine); Callum McRae (UC Riverside)