Bertsch Equals Big West Standard with Sixth Player of the Week Honor
MORGAN BERTSCH, UC DAVIS •
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • Forward • Santa Rosa, Calif. • Santa Rosa HS
UC Davis senior Morgan Bertsch tied a conference single-season record with her sixth Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week award.
• Bertsch equaled the record holders Genia Miller of Cal State Fullerton and UC RIverside’s Brittany Crain, who each won six awards during the 1990-91 and 2015-16 seasons, respectively.
• In addition, Bertsch moved into a tie for seventh in the Big West record book with her ninth career Player of the Week award, sitting alongside Miller and UC Santa Barbara’s Lindsay Taylor.
• The 6-foot-4 forward averaged 25.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.0 blocks to propel the Aggies to double-digit victories at Long Beach State (66-49) and UC Irvine (63-44). She shot nearly 62 percent (21-of-34) from the field as UC Davis extended its winning streak to 12 straight games.
• With 25 points at LBSU and 26 more against UCI, Bertsch extended her 20-point game scoring streak to eight, and is now just 13 points back of UCR’s Crain for fourth on the Big West career scoring list.
• In making 10-of-16 field goals against LBSU and 11-of-18 versus UCI, Bertsch recorded her 10th and 11th games this season with 10 or more baskets.
• Bertsch had three blocks in both games to raise her season total to a team-high 22.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Daeja Smith (Cal State Fullerton); Channon Fluker (CSUN); Danae Miller (UC Santa Barbara)