Murray, Dashwood Notch Baseball Weekly Awards
TANNER MURRAY, UC DAVIS – FIELD PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Sophomore • SS • Ben Lomond, Calif. • San Lorenzo Valley HS
• Tanner Murray collected his second career Big West Baseball Field Player of the Week honor after helping UC Davis won three of four games in a non-conference series against Utah Valley.
• The shortstop paced the Aggie offense with a .529 average (9-for-17) and .941 slugging percentage as four of his nine hits went for extra bases.
• Murray scored four runs and drove in five while hitting safely in all four games of the series.
• Murray led off Friday’s series opener in the bottom of the first with a solo shot and a 1-0 lead. He later plated two more runs with a 2-RBI single through the right side as the Aggies went on to win, 7-1.
• He generated three more hits in the game two, 7-4 win, finishing 3-for-4 with a pair of runs scored.
• Murray kickstarted an Aggie comeback in game three with a leadoff triple in the home half of the eighth and the Aggies trailing 2-1. He scored the game-tying run on a double as UC Davis put up a three spot for the final margin, 4-2.
• The Ben Lomond, Calif. native doubled twice with two RBI and a 3-for-5 performance in the series finale.
Others nominated: Sahid Valenzuela (Cal State Fullerton); Jayson Newman (CSUN); Laine Huffman (Long Beach State); Brandon Lewis (UC Irvine); Eric Yang (UC Santa Barbara); Maaki Yamazaki (Hawai‘i)
JACK DASHWOOD, UC SANTA BARBARA – PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Sophomore • LHP • San Diego, Calif. • St. Augustine HS
• UC Santa Barbara sophomore Jack Dashwood garnered his first career Big West Baseball Pitcher of the Week award in a dominating performance against the Pac-12’s USC.
• The southpaw lasted 7.0 innings in the 2-1 win over the Trojans, allowing just two hits and the one run while striking out a career-high 10 batters.
• The 10 strikeouts are the most for a Gaucho pitcher since Noah Davis fanned 10 at Tulane in 2017.
• Dashwood nursed a no-hitter into the seventh inning before allowing a one-out single.
• Dashwood mowed down the Trojans with consistency as he had at least one strike out in six of his seven frames, with two strikeouts in four of those innings.
Others nominated: Michael Weisberg (Cal State Fullerton); Isaiah Nunez (CSUN); Chris Brown (UC Davis); Jordan Bocko (UC Irvine); Dylan Thomas (Hawai‘i)