DIKYMBE MARTIN, UC RIVERSIDE • MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Junior • Guard • Riverside, Calif. • JW North HS
Dikymbe Martin earned his second career Big West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week accolade as the UC Riverside junior averaged 20.0 points in a 1-1 split.
• Martin scored 18 points to go along with four rebounds, an assist and a steal in Thursday’s 71-57 victory over UC Santa Barbara.
• The performance against the Gauchos elevated him above the 1,000 point career mark. He joined Larry Cunningham, Taylor Johns, Rickey Porter and Jaylen Bland as the fifth Highlander in the program’s Division I era to reach the milestone. He now has 1,027 career points.
• Martin also led the Highlanders with a team-high 22 points in an 87-64 loss to Hawai‘i in Honolulu on Saturday. It was his sixth 20-point game of the season.
• The 6-foot-1 guard shot the ball well in both games, finishing the week 14-of-25 (56.0%) overall, including a torrid 8-of-12 (66.7%) from three-point territory.
• The Riverside native knocked down a career-high six three-point baskets (in nine attempts) against the Rainbow Warriors and shot 8-of-13 overall for the game.
• Martin added two more threes in the UCSB game while making all four of his free throw tries.
• Martin also collected six rebounds, four assists and a pair of steals for the week.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Jackson Rowe (Cal State Fullerton); Lamine Diane (CSUN); Joe Mooney (UC Davis); Evan Leonard (UC Irvine); Jack Purchase (Hawai‘i)