Three Schools Represented on Initial 2019 Softball Honor Roll
MEGHAN BRADBURY, UC DAVIS – SOFTBALL FIELD PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • 3B • San Pablo, Calif. • Salesian College Prep HS
Leading the Aggies at the plate during the rain-shortened Nor Cal Kickoff, UC Davis senior Meghan Bradbury captured the initial Big West Softball Field Player of the Week award with a .667 average over three games.
• Bradbury went 6-for-9 at the plate with three extra base hits as the Aggies posted a 3-0 record in the tourney.
• The third baseman collected a double and triple in a 10-4 victory over Montana in the finale.
• In the 10-2 win over Santa Clara, she tied her career high with three hits, including a fourth inning two-run blast. She finished the game 3-for-3 with a pair of runs scored and three RBI.
• Bradbury also produced a game-winning RBI single in the third inning of Friday’s season-opening 2-1 triumph over Montana.
• She slugged 1.333 for the week and also posted a .700 on-base percentage.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Hailey Martin (Cal Poly); Irieanna Siofele (Cal State Fullerton); Megan Stevens (CSUN); Jamie Wren (Long Beach State); Brittney Garcia (UC Riverside); Sammy Fabian (UC Santa Barbara); Nicole Lopez (Hawai‘i)
HALEY MARSCHALL, UC RIVERSIDE – SOFTBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Junior • RHP • Manhattan Beach, Calif. • Mira Costa HS
Three solid appearances in the circle for UC Riverside junior Haley Marschall earned her Big West Softball Pitcher of the Week honors.
• Marschall went 1-0 with a save and a 0.64 ERA over 11.0 innings as the Highlanders finished 3-2 at the season-opening USD Tournament.
• She tossed three innings of five-hit relief in a 5-2 loss to Marshall, allowing only an unearned run.
• Marschall preserved a 9-8 win over Portland State by throwing a scoreless seventh to notch her first save since freshman season.
• The Manhattan Beach native earned the start in her second appearance against Marshall. She threw a complete game in the 5-4 victory, allowing just one earned run.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Dani Martinez (Cal State Fullerton); Devyn Magnett (Long Beach State); Katie Kibby (UC Davis); Emily Schuttish (UC Santa Barbara); Izzy Dino (Hawai‘i)
MIKAELA GANDIA-MAK, HAWAI‘I – SOFTBALL FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
RF • San Clemente, Calif. • San Clemente HS
Starting all five games to open her collegiate career, Hawai‘i outfielder Mikaela Gandia-Mak notched the inaugural Big West Softball Freshman of the Week award after hitting .500 overall.
• She led the ‘Bows with her .500 batting average (6-for-12), recording at least one hit in four of the five games of the Hawai‘i Paradise Classic.
• Gandia-Mak also scored three runs and drove in three more while swiping her first career stolen base.
• Her best effort came in an 8-0 shutout of Saint Mary’s when she finished 3-for-3 while plating two runs and knocking in a pair.
• The right fielder went 1-for-3 with an RBI in the tourney finale to help the ‘Bows to a 7-6 win over Fresno State.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Maddie Amos (Cal Poly); Alexa Neil (Cal State Fullerton); Elise Madison (CSUN); Emily Salazar (Long Beach State); Megan Bower (UC Davis); Jantzen Owen (UC Riverside); Teah Thies (UC Santa Barbara)