Bertsch Named Player of the Week For Fifth Time This Season
MORGAN BERTSCH, UC DAVIS •
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • Forward • Santa Rosa, Calif. • Santa Rosa HS
Moving into fifth place on the Big West's all-time scoring list with an Aggie sweep on the Central Coast, UC Davis senior Morgan Bertsch captured her eighth career Women's Basketball Player of the Week honor, and her fifth this season.
• Bertsch recorded back-to-back 20-point performances to lead the Aggies in victories over UC Santa Barbara (70-44) and Cal Poly (85-61).
• Her 27 points against UCSB and 21 versus Cal Poly represented Bertsch’s third and fourth straight 20-point games. She has scored 20 or more 16 times this season.
• Bertsch averaged 24.0 points in 24 minutes per game, as well as 7.5 rebounds, 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks in the two wins. Also shot 50.0 percent (17-of-34) from the field and 85.7 percent (12-of-14) from the line.
• Bertsch shot 10-of-18 against UCSB en route to her 27 points, adding seven rebounds, two steals and a block in 25 minutes.
• She posted 21 points, eight rebounds, four assists, a steal and two blocks in just 23 minutes versus the Mustangs.
• Bertsch’s eighth career Player of the Week citations give her sole possession of ninth place on the Big West all-time list.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Dye Stahley (Cal Poly); Amiee Book (Cal State Fullerton); Channon Fluker (CSUN); Naomi Hunt (Long Beach State); Jordan Sanders (UC Irvine)