Diane Makes History With Third Men's Basketball Weekly Honor
LAMINE DIANE, CSUN • MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Freshman • Forward • Dakar, Senegal • Findlay Prep HS
CSUN forward Lamine Diane made conference history in claiming his third Big West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week award this season.
• Diane is the first freshman in the 50-year history of Big West basketball to earn three weekly citations in one season.
• The 6-foot-7 forward averaged 30.5 points, 12.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 2.0 blocks in a 1-1 week for the Matadors.
• Diane tied a CSUN Division I record with 39 points on 17-of-33 shooting to go with 13 rebounds, a steal and two blocks in a 79-72 loss at Cal State Fullerton. He scored 29 of his 39 points in the second half to lead a furious rally, trimming a 21 point halftime deficit to as little as five.
• Diane made 16 of his final 25 shots against the Titans after starting the game 1-of-8.
• His 17 made field goals set a CSUN D-1 record, which also ties for No. 8 in Big West single-game history.
• The Senegal native posted 22 points and 11 rebounds against Cal Poly in an 83-65 victory. He added three assists and two blocks.
• Diane shot 9-of-16 from the field against the Mustangs and finished at 26-of-49 (53.1%) for the week.
• Diane recorded his Big West leading 12th and 13th double-doubles in another stat stuffing week of action.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Marcellus Garrick (Cal Poly); Jackson Rowe (Cal State Fullerton); Deishuan Booker (Long Beach State); TJ Shorts II (UC Davis); Tommy Rutherford (UC Irvine); Amadou Sow (UC Santa Barbara)