Otto's 20-20 Vision Leads Junior To Second Weekly Award
JANNON OTTO, UC RIVERSIDE •
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • Guard • Victorville, Calif. • New Mexico
Jannon Otto powered UC Riverside to two conference victories through consecutive 20-point performances, as she earned her second Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week award.
• Otto has scored 20 or more points in seven of the last nine games. She combined for 46 points on 21-of-32 (65.6%) shooting as the Highlanders extended their win streak to three straight with victories over Hawai‘i (60-55) and UC Santa Barbara (73-60).
• Otto’s 26 points against the Gauchos came on an efficient 10-of-13 shooting. She also made all six of her free throw attempts. She had eight of her 26 points in the second quarter, helping stake UCR to a 31-20 halftime lead.
• While playing all 40 minutes against the Rainbow Wahine, she collected 22 points, nine rebounds and four steals. She shot 11-of-19 from the floor. Otto carried a heavy offensive load in the first half where she scored 14 points (7-for-11) to fuel UCR’s 34-21 advantage at the break.
• The versatile 6-foot guard averaged 24.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and a block per game in the two wins. She had seven boards and two blocked shots versus the Gauchos.
• UCR’s three-game win streak is a season-high.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Carolyn Gill (Cal State Fullerton); Channon Fluker (CSUN); Aaryon Green (Long Beach State); Kourtney Eaton (UC Davis); Jordan Sanders (UC Irvine)