Bertsch Earns Weekly Women's Hoops Honors For Fourth Time
MORGAN BERTSCH, UC DAVIS •
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • Forward • Santa Rosa, Calif. • Santa Rosa HS
For the fourth time this season, UC Davis senior Morgan Bertsch earned Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week accolades.
• Bertsch averaged 27.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.5 blocks per game in a pair of dominant Big West victories over Cal State Fullerton and UC Irvine.
• The 6-foot-4 forward shot 63.0 percent from the field and 17-of-18 from the line (94.4%) while hitting all three of her three-point attempts.
• Bertsch notched her fifth and sixth consecutive 20-point games, and finished the week with 54 points in only 50 minutes.
• In the 75-51 win over the Titans, she tallied 25 points on 9-of-13 shooting and added seven rebounds, three assists, four steals and two blocks.
• Bertsch followed with 29 points in a 80-57 triumph against the Anteaters. She hit 8-of-14 floor shots and chipped in three rebounds, five assists and three rejections.
• Against UCI, Bertsch set a school single-game record with an 11-for-11 performance at the line.
• Bertsch has scored 416 points in 472 minutes this season.
• Bertsch is now tied for ninth all-time in Big West history with seven career Player of the Week awards.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Amiee Book (Cal State Fullerton); Meghann Henderson (CSUN); Jasmine Hardy (Long Beach State); Malou De Kergret (UC Riverside); Natalia Bruening (UC Santa Barbara)