TIA KANOA, HAWAI‘I •
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Senior • Guard • Honolulu, Hawai‘i • Arizona State
Tia Kanoa flirted with a triple-double to help Hawai‘i knock off the reigning conference regular season champion, and earn her first career Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week award.
• Kanoa tallied 15 points, eight rebounds and seven assists in 37 minutes of action as the Rainbow Wahine defeated UC Davis, 65-60, snapping an Aggie six-game winning streak.
• The 5-foot-8 guard was an efficient 4-of-6 from the field – making both three-point attempts – and sank 5-of-6 at the free throw line.
• Three of Kanoa’s eight boards came on the offensive end.
• Trailing the Aggies by five points entering the fourth quarter, Kanoa scored seven points with three rebounds and two assists in the decisive frame to spark the 10-point turnaround.
• Kanoa yanked down a key offensive rebound with 38 seconds remaining and UH up by one, then corralled an Aggie miss with seven ticks left and the Rainbow Wahine leading by three. Kanoa sank two free throws for the final margin of victory.