TERRELL GOMEZ, CSUN • MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Sophomore • Guard • Los Angeles, Calif. • Middlebrooks Academy
CSUN sophomore Terrell Gomez turned in a pair of stellar performances to capture his first career Big West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week award.
• Gomez averaged 27.5 points, 2.0 steals and 1.5 assists to help the Matadors start 2-0 in Big West play with hard fought victories over UC Riverside and Cal Poly on the road.
• The 5-foot-8 guard shot a robust 57.6% (19-of-33) from the field, connecting at an even better rate from three-point territory, 58.8% (10-of-17).
• He poured in a career-high 32 points on 11-of-17 shooting in a come-from-behind 84-83 win at UCR. Gomez dropped 19 points in the second half to help the Matadors overcome a seven-point halftime deficit.
• Against the Highlanders, Gomez tied career-bests for field goals made (11) and three-point field goals made (6). His hook shot in the final minute increased CSUN’s lead to five.
• Gomez added 23 points on 8-of-16 shooting in a 78-74, overtime victory at Cal Poly. He knocked down four triples to give him a Big West-leading 63 for the season.
• He added four rebounds, three assists and four steals in the two wins while playing all but four minutes.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Donovan Fields (Cal Poly); Austen Awosika (Cal State Fullerton); Deishuan Booker (Long Beach State); Jonathan Galloway (UC Irvine); Devearl Ramsey (UC Santa Barbara); Sheriff Drammeh (Hawai‘i)