Three Schools Represented In Men's Volleyball Weekly Awards
JOEL SCHNEIDMILLER, UC IRVINE • MEN'S VOLLEYBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Sophomore • Outside Hitter • Saratoga, Calif. • Saratoga HS
• Joel Schneidmiller earned his second career Big West Men’s Volleyball Player of the Week award after carrying his UC Irvine squad to a pair of top 10 wins on the road.
• Schneidmiller averaged 4.56 kills, 1.33 digs, 0.67 blocks and 0.44 aces as the Anteaters toppled No. 9 Loyola-Chicago in five sets and No. 7 Lewis in four sets. He hit .267 (41-18-86).
• His 28-kill performance against Loyola shattered his previous best of 19. Schneidmiller helped the ‘Eaters claw back from an 0-2 deficit with 10 kills in 14 swings with just one error (.643) in the critical third set win. His kill won that set, 33-31.
• The 28 kills is the most by an Anteater since Carson Clark had 30 against Pepperdine in 2010.
• The 6-foot-6 outside hitter had a block assist to clinch the fourth set and the match-clinching kill in the fifth set to give UCI the 15-13 win. Added a career-high 10 digs against the Ramblers to secure his first career double-double.
• Schneidmiller led UCI against Lewis with 13 kills. He added three block assists and two aces for the second straight match.
Others nominated: Dimitar Kalchev (CSUN); Kyle Ensing (Long Beach State); Corey Chavers (UC Santa Barbara)
HAYDEN BOEHLE, UC SANTA BARBARA •
MEN'S VOLLEYBALL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • Outside Hitter/Libero • Westchester, Calif. • Loyola HS
• Hayden Boehle notched his first career Big West Men’s Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week award after averaging 2.73 digs for UC Santa Barbara in a 3-0 showing at the UCSB Asics Invitational.
• Boehle led the Gauchos with 30 digs over the weekend as he earned a spot on the All-Tournament Team.
• The 6-foot-1 outside hitter/libero finished with a match-high 13 digs in a five-set comeback win over Harvard. Also had seven and 10 digs in sweeps of No. 14 Grand Canyon and No. 12 Concordia, respectively.
Others nominated: TJ DeFalco (Long Beach State); Scott Stadick (UC Irvine)
DANIEL WETTER, CSUN • MEN'S VOLLEYBALL FRESHMAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker • Camarillo, Calif. • Camarillo HS
• Daniel Wetter of CSUN enjoyed a solid collegiate debut, posting 29 kills and 13 blocks at the UCSB Asics Invitational for his first career Big West Men’s Volleyball Freshman Player of the Week award.
• Wetter helped the Matadors to a 2-1 week, hittting .408 (29-9-49) on 2.07 kills and 0.93 blocks per set.
• He hit .500 (12-3-18) with four blocks (1 solo) in a comeback five-set win over Harvard. Also had eight kills on .357 hitting in a four-set win against No. 12 Concordia.
• The 6-foot-5 middle blocker had nine kills and six blocks in a five-set loss to No. 14 Grand Canyon.
Others nominated: Shane Holdaway (Long Beach State); Jonny Bowles (UC Irvine); Haotian Xia (UC Santa Barbara)