MORGAN BERTSCH, UC DAVIS – WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Senior • Forward • Santa Rosa, Calif. • Santa Rosa HS
A school single-game record in points steered UC Davis senior Morgan Bertsch to her fifth career Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week honor.
• Bertsch erupted for 40 points in a 109-60 victory at Sacramento State. The first Aggie woman to reach the 40 point mark (and only the second along with Corey Hawkins of the men’s team), Bertsch broke a school record that had stood since 1993.
• The 6-foot-4 forward tied school record for field goals made (16) and her own school record for field goals attempted (28), while making all eight of her charity tosses against the Hornets.
• She added nine rebounds, an assist and two blocked shots in just 22 minutes against the Hornets.
• Bertsch kept up the onslaught two days later in a 17-point win over Seattle, finishing with 28 points, five rebounds, three steals and two swats in 25 minutes.
• The Santa Rosa native made 9-of-15 from the field, and her performance against the Redhawks marked her sixth 20-point effort of the season.
• Bertsch scored 68 total points in just 47 minutes of action (23.5 mpg).
• She has scored in double figures in 45 consecutive games dating back to last season.