JORDAN SANDERS, UC IRVINE – WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Sophomore • Forward • Springfield, Mo. • Kickapoo HS
Recording her third and fourth straight 20-point performance in a pair of UC Irvine victories, sophomore Jordan Sanders is a repeat selection for Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week.
• Sanders helped the Anteaters improve to 7-0 on the season with wins over CSU Bakersfield (85-78) and San Jose State (74-66). The 7-0 start is the best in school history and UCI remains one of 24 teams in all of NCAA DI still undefeated.
• The 5-foot-11 forward turned in two nearly identical stat lines. She posted a team-best 22 points and nine rebounds against the Roadrunners, then followed with a game-high 24 points and nine rebounds versus the Spartans.
• Sanders shot 50.0% (17-of-34) from the floor and 70.6% (12-of-17) from the free throw line. She was 8-of-16 against CSU Bakersfield and 9-of-17 versus San Jose State.
• Against the Spartans, Sanders sparked the ‘Eaters with seven straight points in the second quarter as the team outscored its opponent, 25-7, and erased a seven-point first quarter deficit.
• She averaged 23.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals for the week.
• Sanders ranks second in the Big West in scoring (20.7 ppg) and fourth in rebounding (8.0 rpg).
OTHERS NOMINATED: Devin Stanback (Cal Poly); Raina Perez (Cal State Fullerton); Channon Fluker (CSUN); Bri Anugwom (UC Santa Barbara)