Diane Averages Double-Double To Earn Weekly Honor
LAMINE DIANE, CSUN • MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Freshman • Forward • Dakar, Senegal • Findlay Prep HS
CSUN’s Lamine Diane continued a sizzling start to his freshman campaign, averaging 25.5 points and 12.5 rebounds over two games to earn his first career Big West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week award.
• The Matadors finished 0-2 for the week but Diane was a force on both ends of the court, leading the team in points (51), rebounds (25) and blocked shots (6), and tying for team-high honors in steals with four.
• Diane shot 51.2% (22-of-43) from the field and 70.0% (7-of-10) at the foul line while playing 31 minutes in both games.
• In a 103-94 defeat at Washington State, Diane tallied a game-high 32 points on 15-of-26 shooting, and he added a career-best 18 rebounds for his third consecutive double-double.
• He recorded his second 30-point game of the season and the 18 boards represented the most by a Matador since 2008.
• Diane also had five blocked shots against the Cougars to tie the single-game high by a Big West player this season.
• Diane posted 19 points, seven rebounds, two steals and a block in an 88-68 setback to Sacramento State.
• Eleven of his 25 rebounds came on the offensive end, and he leads the Big West with 3.7 offensive boards per game.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Mark Crowe (Cal Poly); Khalil Ahmad (Cal State Fullerton); Temidayo Yussuf (Long Beach State); TJ Shorts II (UC Davis); Evan Leonard (UC Irvine); Dikymbe Martin (UC Riverside); Ar’mond Davis (UC Santa Barbara)