AR'MOND DAVIS, UC SANTA BARBARA • MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK Graduate • Guard • Tacoma, Wash. • Alabama
Helping UC Santa Barbara to its first 5-1 start in 10 seasons, UC Santa Barbara graduate guard Ar’mond Davis collected his first career Big West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week honor with a stellar performance at the Vandal Holiday Hoops Showcase.
• Davis averaged 19.0 points and 7.5 rebounds in a pair of wins as the Gauchos toppled Portland State (76-69) and Idaho (66-55) at Century Link Arena in Boise, Idaho.
• He shot 43.8% (14-32) from the floor and 72.7% (8-11) from the charity stripe for the week.
• Davis scored a game-high 20 points on 7-14 shooting against the Vikings, hitting two triples and sinking 4-6 from the foul line.
• The 6-foot-6 guard nearly secured his first double-double with 18 points and nine rebounds against tournament host Idaho. He made 4-5 free throws and added a pair of steals in 36 minutes of action. Three of his nine boards came on the offensive end.
• The Gauchos last started 5-1 in 2007-08, the same season they finished 23-9 and initially set the program record for victories.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Kyle Allman, Jr. (Cal State Fullerton); Lamine Diane (CSUN); KJ Byers (Long Beach State); John Edgar Jr. (UC Irvine); Dikymbe Martin (UC Riverside)