Bertsch Earns Fourth Career Women's Hoops Weekly Award
MORGAN BERTSCH, UC DAVIS – WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • Forward • Santa Rosa, Calif. • Santa Rosa HS
Notching her fourth career Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week accolade, UC Davis senior Morgan Bertsch displayed her offensive firepower in a split of two games in the Pacific Northwest.
• Bertsch tied her career high with 34 points – just two off the school single game record that was set in 1993 – to lead the Aggies to 75-62 victory over Pac-12 foe Washington State.
• The 6-foot-4 forward shot 61 percent from the floor – connecting 14-of-23 field goal attempts – to tame the Cougars in Pullman. She drained a pair of three-pointers and sank all four of her free throw tries.
• Bertsch added a team-high seven rebounds, three assists, two steals and three blocked shots against the Cougars.
• In a 65-50 loss at Portland State, Bertsch scored 19 points to go along with nine rebounds (six offensive) and two steals. She knocked down all but one of her 10 free throw attempts.
• For the week, she averaged 26.5 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.0 steals and 1.5 blocks while shooting 48.7% (19-of-39) from the field and 92.9% (13-of-14) at the foul line.
• Bertsch’s 53 points increased her career total to 1,768 points, moving her past Cal State Fullerton’s Megan Richardson, CSUN’s Ashlee Guay, and UC Santa Barbara’s Lindsay Taylor for 13th on the Big West career scoring list.
• Bertsch is just 10 points out of 12th place in the Big West record book.
• Bertsch's four Player of the Week awards is the most of an Aggie in the program's Division I history, breaking Sydnee Fipps' mark of three (2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15).
OTHERS NOMINATED: Alicia Roufosse (Cal Poly); Daeja Smith (Cal State Fullerton); Hayley Tanabe (CSUN); Jordan Sanders (UC Irvine); Tianna Eaton (UC Riverside); Leah Salanoa (Hawai‘i)