Ahmad's Career-High 40-Point Effort Earns Weekly Honors
KHALIL AHMAD, CAL STATE FULLERTON • MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior • Guard • Corona, Calif. • Centennial HS
Khalil Ahmad earned his third career Big West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week award as the Cal State Fullerton senior landed a spot on the Myrtle Beach Invitational All-Tournament Team.
• Ahmad averaged 25.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.0 steals over three games to help the Titans finish 1-2 at the tournament.
• He scored a career-high 40 points to lead the Titans to a 87-63 victory over Monmouth on Sunday. Ahmad became the fifth Titan to score 40 in a game, joining Bobby Brown, Tre’ Coggins, Josh Akognon and Kyle Allman, Jr.
• The 40 points also set the HTC Center record for points in a game.
• Ahmad made 13-of-22 floor shots against Monmouth, including a career-best eight three-point field goals made (in 13 attempts). His 13 made field goals also established a personal best.
• The 6-foot-3 guard also tallied 15 points against UCF and 20 more versus Wake Forest in a pair of losses.
• Ahmad added four steals against both UCF and Monmouth, and with nine for the tournament, he now leads the Big West with 11 on the season.
• Ahmad shot 46.6% (27-of-58) for the week, including 45.2% (14-of-31) from three-point range. His 75 points scored over three games led all players at the tournament.
OTHERS NOMINATED: Collin Welp (UC Irvine); Dikymbe Martin (UC Riverside); Ar’mond Davis (UC Santa Barbara); Eddie Stansberry (Hawai‘i)