Leaupepe Doubles Up In Big Week For Mustangs
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
LYNN LEAUPEPE, CAL POLY
Senior • Guard • Camarillo, Calif. • Camarillo HS
Cal Poly's Lynn Leaupepe earned the second Big West Player of the Week honor of her career after averaging a double-double in an undefeated week for the Mustangs, helping the club move closer to the #2 seed in next week's Tournament.
• The senior guard averaged 17.0 points, 14.0 rebounds and shot 52.0% from the floor in the home victories against rival UC Santa Barbara and Cal State Fullerton, picking up double-doubles in both games.
• Leaupepe secured a career-high 14 rebounds, 10 on the offensive end, against the Gauchos, then matched that total two days later against the Titans.
• She scored 16 points against UCSB, pushing past 1,000 for her career. She then added a game-high 18 points against CSF in only 25 minutes of action.
• The double-doubles were her second and third of the season, all of which have come in conference play.
• Leaupepe also scored in double figures in back-to-back games for the first time since a three game stretch in late January.
Others nominated: Daeja Smith, Cal State Fullerton; Channon Fluker, CSUN; Shanaijah Davison, Long Beach State; Dani Nafekh, UC Davis; Michelle Curry, UC Riverside; Drew Edelman, UC Santa Barbara