DREW EDELMAN, UC SANTA BARBARA Senior • Forward • Sunnyvale, Calif. • Menlo School
Averaging a double-double in a pair of UC Santa Barbara victories, senior Drew Edelman (Sunnyvale, Calif./Menlo School) secured her second career Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week award.
• The 6-foot-4 forward averaged 16.0 points and 11.5 rebounds while shooting 55.0% (11-of-20) from the floor as the Gauchos claimed convincing wins over Cal State Fullerton (78-59) and second place UC Irvine (82-55).
• Edelman’s three-game double-double streak was actually snapped in the Titan win. She finished with 20 points, eight rebounds and a blocked shot.
• Edelman returned with 12 points and 15 rebounds in the big 27-point win over conference contender UC Irvine, giving the Gaucho post her fourth double-double in five games.
• She recorded her ninth 20-point game of the year – and her fifth during Big West play.
• Edelman’s 15 rebounds against the ‘Eaters was her third-highest total in a game this season.
• For the week, Edelman also shot 76.9% (10-of-13) from the free throw line. She made 6-of-11 floor shots against the Titans and made 5-of-9 versus the Anteaters.
Others nominated: Jade Vega (Cal State Fullerton); Tessa Boagni (CSUN); Cecily Wilson (Long Beach State); Morgan Bertsch (UC Davis); Morgan Green (UC Irvine); Lauren Holt (UC Riverside); Sarah Toeaina (Hawai‘i)