Teams Vie For Conference Points as Tournament Draws Near
Women's Soccer Weekly Release No. 10
AROUND THE BIG WEST
McCASKILL SET CSUN RECORD, TIES BIG WEST
Junior goalkeeper Jovani McCaskill broke CSUN’s program record for the most shutouts in a single season after recording her 12th clean sheet, Sunday. The 12 shutouts also tie for the most in the Big West in a single campaign, set by Long Beach State’s Kaitlyn Gustaves in 2011.
The keeper also ranks in the top 10 in goals against average (0.384 - 5th) and minutes played this season (1641:20 - 3rd).
CSUN PACES THE NCAA
CSUN currently leads the nation with a 0.765 shutout percentage. The Matadors also have the third-best goals against average at 0.384.
The Big West women’s soccer tournament is just two weeks away as CSUN leads the Big West with 13 points. Cal State Fullerton sits in second with nine points while Long Beach State has amassed eight. Four teams have collected seven points in UC Irvine, UC Davis, Hawai‘i and UC Santa Barbara.
OCT. 21 - LONG BEACH STATE at UC DAVIS
Long Beach State will host the 2016 women’s soccer championship and looks to secure its spot inthe Tournament. The Beach look to claim a spot in the conference tourney for the third time in three years. The 49ers have played for the title the last two seasons.
OCT. 23 - UC SANTA BARBARA at UC IRVINE (#BWConESPN3)
The two teams are currently tied in the standings with seven points a piece. UCSB will face UC Riverside Friday prior to the Irvine matchup while UCI will host Cal Poly the same night.
OCT. 23 - CAL STATE FULLERTON at HAWAI‘I
While Hawai‘i looks to make its first-ever Big West Tournament, the Titans are hoping to make league history by clinching its fourth-consecutive BWT title. Both squads are in the running and are looking for key conference points this weekend.
IN THE PRESS 📰
CSUN women's soccer sets new school record, The Sundial
Tala Haddad Takes on Bigger Role for Titans Soccer, The OC Register
Nicole Thompson Leading on All Fields, GoMatadors.com
#Big5: Five Things You Need To Know This Week
|CSUN Paces the NCAA
• CSUN currently leads the nation with a 0.765 shutout percentage
|Jovani McCaskill Ties Big West Mark
• The junior keeper broke the CSUN single season shutout mark with her 12th clean sheet last weekend, which also ties the Big West record
• The Big West Tournament is just TWO weeks away. Don't miss the action at George Allen Field on the campus of Long Beach State
|UC Davis Notches Four Scores
• UC Davis recorded a 4-0 victory over UC Riverside and is just the second team in league to accomplis the feat in conference play
|Cal Poly's Goal of the Week
• Chelsea Barry put away a shot that made Top Drawer Soccer's Goal of the Week list. Check it out HERE.